Thursday, November 7, 2013

Does smarthphone/laptop make you smart/er?

It is about getting better...



From the Guardian - Do smartphones make you stupid?

Smartphone is a misnomer in terms of making you smart. It does not.  Since you do not have chance to analyze to digest the information presented, you lose your ability to remember or critically analyze the information.  Long term memory, critical thinking and creativity are lost. (I hope this is not forever).   This may be the difficulty in the grad school as I teach creativity and entrepreneurship.  I do not get very inputs from the NU 12 assignments.  They are sparse and come very rarely every Monday.  Very few complete the 12 assignments.

There is also some difficulty for case analysis where more thinking is required.  Time to keep the smartphones this 3 weeks of November

The cure?  Forget your smartphone once in while.  Compute mentally, try to memorize some of the facts.  I know that. As I blog and copy the post, I could not even copy correctly the facts.  I have to copy and paste.  The computer resources make you lazy to think and remember.

I make it a point to make an article rather than merely copy paste on posts like this.  I am forced to think and analyzed.  Some articles are very wrong!

                        

0 comments:

Post a Comment