Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How much have I improved in 2013 ( Personal Mastery)

It is about getting better...

January 1, 2014



New year is now 18 hours old.  How fast time flies.  366 days ago we had the same event.  I will soon be 63.

What did I improve last year:

1.  Health and fitness:

     1. I biked many long rides last year.  In January we biked to Baguio from Manila.  This was my 3rd ascent to Baguio, 2x from Manila.  I crashed during my first ride, not in Baguio but all ready in Manila - at Shangrila.  My bike's narrow tires got caught up in grating in the vicinity of Starbucks, I lost consciousness when I feel, and I had an operation to repair my broken nose bridge.  I biked with Recyclists to Tagaytay City (about l60 km) to Ternate  (196 km) and Lemery, Batangas.  These were long and hard rides.  That meant I had endurance.

     2.  I could ride with the peloton riding at 35 km plus.  I developed speed.   I could also ride about 50 km descending.

    3.  Strength.  Now I could ride on heavier gears even climbing hills.  It is easier for me now to use 50 x 15 gears going up at 20+  kph.  Formerly, I needed 34 or 39 x 25 gears to ride up





Business skills

   My new learnings in IT are:

   1.   Use of landing page

   2.  Internet Marketing  -  you can use autoresponders like Instapage, Get Response, A Weber as platform. The best however is Get Response

   3.  Opening of fan gate tabs, and other tabs at FB.

   4.  Use of HTML generator free online. 

   5.  Use of Wix and Weebly for creating instant webpage.   Wix and Weebly are becoming popular as cheap:   static websites, and as landing page.  You need one URL for every landing page.

   6.  You can have multiple account per email:

        1.  At blogger

       2.  Wordpress

       3.  Wix -  is user friendly and it takes at most 1 hour to create one website.

I now manage at least 20 blogs at blogger because of landing page, and 15 fb pages for our businesses. I have become a webmaster.  As for the blogging, I simply use the blog as logs, for note taking of things I learned and which I think can be of value to other.  I have uploaded more than a dozen powerpoint at Slideshare.  These covered strategy, capitalist entrepreneurship, business planning.  

Blogging and IT do not make money or is worth MBA.  Using this to create more sales, business, leads and buyers create wealth.  There is no money in being at the computer the whole day.

Likes, comments at blogs and FB do not count,  leads, emails who opted in are where the money is

You begin to realize that sometimes you are engaged so much in routine and unneccessary until one day you find out, what you are doing does not count.  They are unimportant. 

3.  Entrepreneurship, creativity and strategy. 

     1.  As we prepared our corporate plan, we had the insights on how to increase sales and business:

          1.  For the lending (finance business) we found out that new markets are:

                1.  Bridge financing,

                2.  Lending to remaining 13,800 of the customer of sister company

                3. Commercial secured lending at ABT our service area.

                4,  Trading in renewable energy and financing balance solar acquisition

   2.  For our core business, the developments can be made in the following areas:

               1.  Bundling

               2 Beefing up channels

                        More agents recruitment (on line by email marketing)

                        Email marketing

              3.  New products:

                   again related to bundling

             4.  Prepaid products.

A business when seen as routine does not generate new ideas and innovation.  But I as engaged in teaching entrepreneurship, practice the innovation and creativity which I teach in the MBA classes


 x                              DMax with VGT for Holy Angels


                                  Crosswind for Holy Gardens Pangasinan


                                   With entrep guest at MBAH;  with president of MMC


                                At Spentrep night with the Entrepreneurs

0 comments:

Post a Comment