Thursday, May 18, 2017

Learning to do is an important skill

It is about getting better...

Rizal Philippines
May 18, 2017

Image result for circular fluorescent lamp

Two circular bulbs (FL) conked out in the house and I had difficulty figuring out things in the dark:  one is in the bedroom and the other one is in dining room area.  I thought that all that I needed would be the bulb.  The one in the bedroom was easy.  But the one in the dining area was challenging.   It would not turn on.  It would flicker at the start and then be out.

So I tried to get another bulb (this one costs double the first one I bought.  Still would not light up.  So I brought in the ballast for testing and was planning to change the ballast.  But the store clerk said it was ok.   Then I installed the assembly still would not light up.

Until yesterday, I bought a ballast and I installed.  The difficulty then was finding the right holes for the screw and I perspired profusely and almost two hours on the installation.  Not that I was scrimping on the electrician  but none had come for the last two weeks.

Boy was I glad I was able to do the repairs myself.  The reward was bright bedroom


0 comments:

Post a Comment