Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ten most influential, best read books by linked in members

It is about getting better...

Rizal Philippines  |  December 7, 2013

I have believed always that those who read leads;  that knowledge is power.  In the years 1990 to 2000 I spent heavily on seminars and books. I have a huge library (personal) and corporate. I required our staff and executives to read summarize (reflect on) books.   Because of this, although I was not in Makati CBD, I was still in the mainstream of business knowledge, that is why when I taught at AGSB, I was full of confidence, and brimming with knowledge to share and teach the business students.  Here are some of the books as mentioned in Linked In:  

The ten most buzzed-about books for professionals
1. "Mandela's Way: Lessons on Life, Love, and Courage" by Richard Stengel
LinkedIn Member Pramod Kumar Srivastava on Stengel's book:
He saw the innate hidden aspirations in his people - to be equal.
2. The 7 Habits of highly Effective People” Stephen R. Covey
LinkedIn member Inna Stelmukh:
Often common sense is hidden in the routine, and therefore when someone like Mr. Covey brings it to the surface again, it starts making even more sense.
3. “The Alchemist” Paolo Coelho
LinkedIn Member Charles Hurst:
The journey of Santiago and following his personal legend has changed the way I look at my life.
4. How to Win Friends and Influence People” Dale Carnegie
LinkedIn Member Barney P. Popkin:
Understanding your customer in depth is a brilliant yet obvious and often overlooked concept.
5. “Atlas Shrugged” Ayn Rand
LinkedIn Member Donna Greiner:
[Rand] was a bit ahead of her time, but also very much a woman of her time. There is much to admire about her, and also much to disagree with.
6. “Les Miserables” Victor Hugo
LinkedIn Member Chris Burton:
It teaches us the importance of justice, redemption, words with actions, commitment and endurance, faithfulness and love. And it's a great story.
7. “As a Man Thinketh” James Allen
LinkedIn member Erika Powell-Burson:
It's a short, pithy read, advocating a change in thought process to change outcome...I sing its effectiveness whenever I can!
8. The Bible
LinkedIn member Sam Lee:
The proverbs are full of incredible wisdom regarding how to conduct yourself in your personal and business life.
9.Think and Grow Rich” Napoleon Hill
LinkedIn member Talha (Terry) Husayn:
Nothing has changed me more ...I would be grinding away in medical school if it wasn’t for Napoleon Hill.
10. "Team of Rivals" Doris Kearns Goodwin
Lincoln member Ross Gibson:
Lincoln’s understanding of people, of the necessity to listen, to bring divergent opinions into the conversation and take decisive action … are all things we should learn.

I only read the three.  But the linked In members have not read the several hundreds I summarized


0 comments:

Post a Comment