Saturday, November 19, 2016

Getting over infection of the eye and severe head aches

It is about getting better...

Rizal Philippines
November 19, 2016

I have been sidelined for almost a month by a viral infection that rendered me disabled because I had loss of vision (I had double vision) and loss of faculty to think because of severe head ache.  I had viral infection that affected th nerves going to the eyes.  And it was very painful.  The most potent analgesic could not get rid of the pain.  I took a drug that enabled me to sleep at once but the pain is back as soon as I woke up.  Thus I could not bike, nor work, nor blog.

It is great now that the disease took its natural course;  the eye defect is gone although the pain around the eye and face is not gone.

While I was sick, I exercised, did the stationary bike, tried to read whenever I can and kept myself in general physically fit.   And I am often reminded that events like this humbles you and you focus on the things that you can do, and you pray a lot.  The loss of these faculties which are source of my pride means that I am disabled and probably as good as being dead.  But I did my best to get myself back to the harness by exercise, taking all the medicine, following the doctors advice, etc. I did brisk walking am and pm and did my best to lead a normal life (which was not)  I tried to socialize although people would notice some of the signs of the disease

I learned my lesson that you have to savor life as it is and do the best you can while you still can

And now, before Christmas, I will probably be well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment