Saturday, January 5, 2013

What is your primary responsibility as an employee?




Date: Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Subject: What is your primary responsibility as an employee?

Angono Rizal, December 31, 2012. 11:07

As the year is about to end, I reflect on the following

When I was a neophyte, I attended a birthday party of a fellow detailman from Unilab (Dr Nanding Gaba;   he was a dentist) In the pow wow were Areopagito Par, myself, several others and Mr Ernie Salazar, our group boss (he cussed me one time for mishandling the call books and I was angry that he was angry;  later on realized he just wanted me to do things right always.  Ernie eventually became an EVP to Dr Sonny Samson, the COO, and Unilab saw some of its record growth under this guys riding in tandem)

Well he asked this question:  "What is your primary responsibility as an employee"

Par answered - "To enforce company rules and regulations"  And Ernie said -  we are not hiring a policeman

Others said - "To sell"  (because we were in promo and sales.  Some of you will not end up in sales forever, Ernie said.

Eventually, he said that the primary responsibility is:

TO IMPROVE ONESELF AND BE PROMOTED.

This has been confirmed in many readings, motivational books, motivators, speakers.

Do you agree?

How do you improve yourself?

How do you start?

0 comments:

Post a Comment