Saturday, December 31, 2016

Learning to do - it yourself in house repairs

It is about getting better...

Rizal Philippines
December 31, 2016

Image result for installing a bathroom hot and cold mixer faucet

Hello 2017 welcome.  You are but how many hours away.  How fast time flies.

Last December 27, the faucet in the bath tub failed at 2:30 am and nearly flooded the bath tub and the bath room  I had to close the valve cutting off the water supply in the house.   My whole day, the following day was consumed by finding the right faucet, and installing it.  For the canvass, there was one at DIY at P2,400.  It looked like the perfect fit.  The sales clerk suggested that I try the Ace Hardware whom she heard carried much more economical stocks.  I went to SM Angono and found one at P2,099.  Sayang din ang P300.  However I noted that the sales clerk warned about the s adjusting connector.

And there you are when I was trying to install, the male and female coupling would not fit.  The fixed  connector at the wall was wider (off) by say 2 mm both sides.  So I had to find a way to make the adjustable s connector at the wall move.  I did not have tool (so it seemed for that).  I called help and he was able to find ways to move the wall connector.  And there, I was able, with a little help from a friend re install the bath room faucet.

At the age of 65, I should not be doing this, just calling a plumber to do the job.  But here I was, doing my best to do it myself.  A real learning to do process.

Find out about my bike year end cleaning too (DIY too)

0 comments:

Post a Comment