Saturday, December 31, 2016

Duterte will not change his character despite criticisms and problem his diatribe create

It is about getting better...

Rizal Philippines
December 31, 2016


Image result for I will not change + Duterte

Happy new year.  New year.  New resolution

Duterte will not change character from Rappler

"Do not hope I'll change my character. I am I and you are you. If we meet in one corner and we understand each other... if not, eh 'di pasensiya, talagang magmumura ako maski sino (I'm sorry, I will really curse at anyone whoever he is)," he said on Tuesday, September 27, in a press conference at a shabu laboratory discovered by the police in Arayat.


But despite the obstacles and problems and heat generated by his tough talk, Pres Duterte in many year end one on one interview with news hens (Jessica Soho) etc  promised he will use the God given gifts to him as they are and not change.

I think we have to accept obstinacy and a fixed mind set for senior citizens like Pres Duterte and that is given.  We cant teach old dogs new tricks.  However this is contrary to principles of leadership even Ignatian leadership, ie to be flexible and adaptive.  We know that even in the military, a business engaged in defending and protecting the nation by killing, love is a formula and flexibility in the chain of command, rather than blind uncompromising military discipline has not been the norm.

Duterte is now seen as a joker or even as a poet (pwet)

1. His men will have to decipher whether he is joking or is serious

2.  Or that he merely wants to silence his criitc

3.  Or that he wants to engage in double talk

His spokesman, not just one would not know how to paraphrase him (even if he was a student of National Artist Dr. Bien Lumbera in poetry

These acts affect his credibility and many including myself  lowered my confidence and trust in what ever he is saying as person, and even more so as a President

0 comments:

Post a Comment