Monday, August 5, 2024

Once a scorpion, always a scorpion?

It is about getting better...

I came across an individual who is struggling  but who seems to be good in land registration case.  And then he asked me to help him navigate the real estate industry.  Despite the fact that I did not know him well enough, I readily helped.  However this post noticed red flags:

1.  He did not come on time;
2.  He often was peddling my efforts with supposed other parties despite my services being free; and coming back to me again, if his supposed deal does not push through
3.  He was in the habit of changing what he said
4.  He would push through with me rushing  my decision despite obstacles from his side

And lately despite confusing research findings  when I asked him for a proof that what he is planning to do (since he was all ready asking for PHP) has a proof, precedent, he went into an ad hominem - why bother if you do not believe.

These are lessons, and I am free of worries and wondering if I am being scammed or not.

I am reminded of a story about a scorpion.   There was a flood and the scorpion begged the turtle to ride on his back, because otherwise he would drown.  The turtle doubted the scorpion  and asked why the former should trust the scorpion.   Because he said he wants to be said.   The turtle gave a ride to scorpion.  When they reached the safe place the scorpion bit the turtle.  And the turtle surprised ask the scorpion asked, "Why did you bite me"   "  Its because I am scorpion, that is why" was the reply

That he spent time behind bars did not give me fears before, now I am.  A scorpion will always bite even if you do it a good thing, because that's what it was created for.   To be a scorpion.  God bless them

No comments:

Post a Comment